Cobra Screenreader Software
Cobra has set new standards in IT-accessibility solutions for blind and visually impaired people. Cobra simplifies Windows Vista and XP and Windows 7 when using magnification, speech or Braille bringing together all the functions of modern screen readers in a future-proof package. It can cleverly differentiate between what the user wants and doesn’t want and direct that information to the speech output, Braille display or both.
Read those unreadable web pages by activating the screen character recognition. Cobra is particularly powerful where other screen readers cannot cope. Typical examples are: telephonist applications and applications where multiple screens are used. Cobra screen readers come as: Speech & Braille, Speech & magnification or all three.
Please note which cobra version you may need.
- Cobra Zoom - Magnification & Speech.
- Cobra Braille - Braille & Speech.
- Cobra Pro - Magnification, Speech and Braille.
So why is Cobra screen reader software different?
- Cobra screen reader can browse a live screen without losing focus
- Cobra reads live text in Java, flash and bitmap images using unique OCR software.
- Cobra can split areas on a Braille display to show specific pieces of live information.
- Cobra can support more than one Braille display for easy training
- Cobra shows the screen of your mobile Phone on the Braille display using Bluetooth
- Cobra magnification has font smoothing, font rendering and graphic smoothing
- Cobra screen reader software supports multi-window magnification and multi-monitor use
- Cobra magnifies from x1 including fractions like 1.2, 1.4 etc.
Cobra screen reader software includes:
- Magnification Levels
- Zooming Modes
- Color Enhancements
- Font Smoothing
- Focus Tracking
- Mouse Enhancement
- Locator Enhancements
- Floating Window
- Caret Tracking
- Zoom Scroll BarsSpeech
- Screen Reading
- Mouse Echo
- Typing Echo
- Adjustable Voice Properties
- Microsoft® Windows® 7 (32-Bit and 64-Bit version)
- Microsoft® Windows® Vista (32-Bit version) with Service Pack 2
- Microsoft® Windows® XP (32-Bit version) with with Service Pack 2
- Full administrator rights for the installation
- min. 2 GHz (Dual Core or higher CPU frequency is recommended)
- min. 1 GB RAM under Windows® XP (2 GB RAM or more is recommended)
- 2 GB RAM under Windows Vista and Windows 7 (3 GB RAM or more is recommended) (Note: 32-Bit operating systems can address max. 3 GB RAM)
- 800 MB free hard disk space
- Graphic card with latest driver that is provided by the supplier
- Sound card with latest driver that is provided by the supplier
- CD-/DVD-drive (installation through network is also possible)
- Interface: serial, USB or Bluetooth, depending on the Braille display used (Note: if COBRA is used on 64-Bit Windows platforms, please make sure that 64-Bit drivers for the Braille display to be used are available. 64-Bit drivers for BAUM Braille displays are already included within COBRA 9.0)
- Windows-Scripting-Host (is usually provided with Internet Explorer)
- Internet Explorer 7 or 8 or FireFox 3.5
- When using Microsoft Office Office 2003: SP 3 or higher
- When using Microsoft Office 2007: SP 2 or higher (Note: Microsoft Office 2000 and 2002 are not supported)
- When using the Acrobat/Adobe Reader: Acrobat/Adobe-Reader 9 or higher (MSAA-option)